Friday, March 14, 2008

Biggest Loser -Houston (sort of)

You know how you get those flyers in your mailbox or attached to your door knob or fence? Well, I received one yesterday and was about to throw it away without even looking at it. So, I noticed it was a wellness brochure for the people in my neighborhood, which kind of caught my attention.

Then I noticed it was from the chiropractor that I used to go to when I was having all kinds of problems. So I'm reading it and then I notice that they are doing something similar to The Biggest Loser. Their program is named Big Weight Loss. Here's the 411 from their website.


Inspired by a popular weight-loss reality show, the team at Today´s Health Center has developed a four-week weight-loss program designed to be educational, effective, and FUN!

This program will include nutritional recommendations, meal planning, healthy recipes, exercise guidelines, body composition analysis, and team-oriented group discussion.

Our program leader is Tom Jackobs, certified personal trainer and owner of Body3 Personal Fitness. (You´ll recognize Tom, because his Wedding Workout was recently featured on "Great Day Houston.") Tom´s first-hand experience with personal weight-loss success will be inspirational to all who participate.

Take the First Step! Sign up today. Just click the link below and we´ll send you more information.

The next four-week program begins soon. Only 10 applicants will be accepted into each four-week program. Class sessions take place on Saturdays from 11:00 a.m until 1:00 p.m. and the cost to participate in this exciting program is only $49.00!

To receive an application, click on the "Sign-up/Register Here" link at the bottom of this page. An application will be emailed and completed applications must be faxed back to (713) 880-3886.

Here´s your chance to actively take responsibility for your health. We can´t wait to meet the new you!

With my recent illness (that sounds so dramatic), I've been quite sedentary and have become a bit concerned about only burning calories when I walk The Calvinator. So after a consultation with Everyday Italian I decided I should probably go to the gym and do a very light weight workout. I did and it wore me out. While I was there, I weighed myself and I haven't gained any weight, I've acutally lost 2 pounds.

So...I won't be signing up for Big Weight Loss. However, I will tell you that I have met Tom Jackobs. You really need to ask him for his before and after pictures because it is unbelievable that someone can transform himself like that!

No comments: