Sunday, March 16, 2008

I Live With Houdini

This is who I am living with!

It was a beautiful but windy morning today in NoRO and I couldn't leave The Calvinator cooped up. So, I got a chair, had my coffee and paper and set up camp by the fence between me and AttyHou & Everyday Italian. This is the wrought iron fence that he slips through. He did it a few weeks ago when I ran inside to get the phone. Seriously. In a split second, he was through the fence, through the azaleas, and down their driveway (because the gate was open) and running all over DePelchin's big lawn.

So today I figured I would beat him at his own game. The hand is quicker than the eye and I have been known to yank him by the tail. He doesn't like that very much but it is an effective way to keep him from going through the fence or out a car window.

In spite of the wind, I sat outside and read the paper and put up with the inquisitive looks of neighbors as they walked by and drove by. I'm sure they were wondering why I was sitting in the driveway?

We were outside well over an hour when Neighbor Janine came outside to water her plants. I left the well-behaved Calvinator in the yard and he could see me across the street. I told Neighbor Janine that I had to keep an eye on The Calvinator.

So we're talking and in a split second when I look away he is gone from my yard, through the azaleas and is running around AttyHou & Everyday Italian's yard! Everyday Italian & AttyHou come out and The Calvinator is trying to go inside their house to visit. UGH!!!!!!

I was a bit put out with him but how can I stay angry with him? I took him to the park for a long walk and right now he is passed out.

A Girl In Texas mentioned that her sister started a blog as way to deal with the loss of her dog. I read it and almost started to cry and realized that I need to enjoy my time with The Calvinator. He and I have been through quite a bit together in the past few years and I can't be angry with him. He brings me more laugher than anger. I remember the first time my parents met him and as it was love at first sight. He has that effect on people.

So if you have a pet, give him/her a hug today.

4 comments:

A Girl From Texas said...

Awe, he's so cute...

A Girl From Texas said...

So, the nicknames of all the people you speak of in this post, did you make them up?

Timmy said...

a girl from texas: when I first started the blog, I made up names or used existing nicknames to protect the not-so innocent.

Viv said...

I love me some Calvin pics!