Friday, March 14, 2008

Houston Rockets Go For 21 In A Row

First of all, I'm going to sound like a hypocrite when I make this first comment: Basketball season seems to go on forever and it seems to have no ending.

Why do I sound like a hypocrite? Because I like baseball and the same could be said for that great American past time.

With that being said, one of the reasons I've never really been hooked on basketball is because of the long season. A former manager that I worked for LOVED the San Antonio Spurs and while I worked for her I kept up with basketball so that I could at least sound intelligent if it ever came up in a conversation.

So while I've been letting the basketball season drag on something has been happening here in Houston that needs to be mentioned.

A few weeks ago Yao Ming ended up with a stress fracture in his foot. He has been sidelined for the season. My first thought was, "There's goes the season for the Rockets." I was W-R-O-N-G!

The team has won 20 games in a row and joins only two other teams to reach that milestone. The 1970-1971 Milwaukee Bucks won 20 in a row and the 1971-1972 Los Angeles Lakers won a record 33 in a row.


So I'm giving a shout out to the Rockets this evening and hoping that they beat the Charlotte Bobcats and make it 21 in a row.

You always have to cheer for the home team.

Go ROCKETS!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

A Girl From Texas said...

I'm a baseball fan, too. I have attended quite a few Rockets games this year and really enjoy the energy but Baseball is in my heart.

Timmy said...

a girl from texas: who is your favorite Astro? :-)