Friday, March 21, 2008

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 10.3

Belated Happy Birthday!
Last week was Sugar Land Stuart's birthday. I did call to send him birthday greetings. I just didn't get around to doing it on the blog.

I met Stuart in 2003. Stuart was Calvin's 2nd owner. He adopted Calvin from Citizens For Animal Protection. Here is a pic of Stuart and Calvin.


Today's Birthday Greetings
Today is the first full day of Spring which means it is AttyHou's birthday! I met Jim through mutual friends but it wasn't until one night in Galveston that we bonded and became good friends. You see...

I was sitting in a second story window of a bar in Galveston and I had Mardi Gras beads. I was giving the beads away and Jim joined me. That was the beginning of the friendship.

Jim and I lived together for a few years. It was during that time that we both trained for our first marathon. I think one of my funniest running memories is the 1997 Heights Fun Run.

We had gone out to eat (Mexican food) the night before and after dinner we went out for a few more cocktails AND Tequila shots. So here it is the next morning. It's June. It's hot. It's humid and we're there to run a race. That has to be one of the most painful 5ks I have ever run. What were we thinking???!!!

There are many good stories to tell about Jim; too many to tell. Let's just say that I am very fortunate to have him in my life and I wish everyone could have an AttyHou in their life.

I've posted this pic before and here it is again. It is one of my favorite photos. We are in NYC in 2001. AttyHou is in blue.


First Day of Spring
So AttyHou's birthday always makes me sing & hum a Pet Shop Boys song. Can you guess which one?

Well...part of the lyrics are: "I feel like taking all my clothes off. Dancing to the Rite of Spring..."


Fitness Activities
OK...so I'm trying to get back into the groove. I've started running again and doing weights. Haven't added spinning back to the routine. I'm feeling much better and getting active again is making me feel better.

3 comments:

Viv said...

Happy Birthday AttyHou and Stuart. Sounds like great memories, Timmy!
I am glad you are feeling well enough for the activities :-)
Have a fantastic Easter weekend...

mjr1066 said...

Send my love and birthday greetings to Jim. I miss hanging out with you guys. Remember brunch and the rodeo? Who did we end up seeing??
My

A Girl From Texas said...

What a sweet post. Happy birthday to your friends.