Sunday, June 1, 2008

Taco Cabana

My eating schedule was a bit off today. After a run to IAH, I decided cheap Mexican (go ahead and say it, "look in the mirror") is what I needed. So, I went to Taco Cabana on Kirby near U.S. 59.

Went through the drive-thru, placed my order, paid and returned to NoRO. When I got home, I didn't have all of my order. hmpf! What to do?

I wasn't going to drive back 'cause I was hungry. I didn't feel like just blowing it off. I did realize that mistakes happen.

So, I called and I think I spoke with the manager. Told him what happened and told him I wasn't driving back 'cause I was hungry. All I'm gonna say is that he more than made the situation right.

I'm amazed when that type of customer service is delivered. I've had some bad situations at some nice restaurants where they didn't give a rat's ass and didn't try to make the situation right. I've seen good customer service also happen at Starbucks.

So, before I retire to my slumber on a full stomach of Mexican food, I'm sending out two thumbs up to Taco Cabana on Kirby near U.S. 59. Thank you!

5 comments:

A Girl From Texas said...

They ALWAYS get my order wrong. And I never find out until I get home and i keep forgetting to check before I leave the drive through. I've never done anything about it, because like you say, I'm not going to drive all the way back.

I'm glad to know if I call they'll resolve it.

Rick said...

The last time I ate there was in the wee hours out on the patio on a hot summers night. That Club Jamica was in the shp cntr on the corner of Kirby and Richmond. When it closed there was bumper to bumper and gun fire in front of TC so I don't remember the food.lol
Well it's nice to know customer service does still exist.

AnnaBanana said...

When I used to be an outside-the-belway gal (I've come a long way baby), my apartment was down the street from a Taco Bell. I realized I was frequenting their drive thru too much when I placed my order and the friendly drive thru guy asked "And would you like some cinnamon twists for Winslow?"

Egads, not only did they know my dog, but they knew his name and order!

J Duarte said...

I like thier quesadillas! Mmmmm

Viv said...

TC is one of my fav's..

Great customer service is hard to find lately so props to TC, I will come by and say hi to a taquito in july. LOL!