Monday, June 16, 2008

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 13.1

World AIDS Day Houston 2008
The first meeting to start making plans for World AIDS Day Houston 2008 will take place tomorrow (June 17). The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will be held at Montrose Counseling Center (401 Branard Street, Houston, TX 77006). If you are interested in helping make plans for December 1, please attend or get in touch with me. Bring your ideas and suggestions

Tony Awards
OMG! Patti LuPone (La LuPone as I like to call her) cracks me up! I am so glad that she won for her role as Mama Rose. The reviews that I have read say that she knocks the socks off of you. Her intensity last night in Everything's Coming Up Roses made me ooze just thinking about what she must do with Rose's Turn.

photo: Jeff Christensen AP

What had me laughing though was when she wouldn't shut up! LOL Sort of like Elaine Stritch a few years ago. La LuPone said that she had waited all of these years to finish thanking people. You see...

Her only other Tony (hard to believe she only won one other time) was for Evita in 1980.

It was great to see the original cast from RENT. I need to do some research but I'm sure all of them were in the show when I first saw it on Broadway. Watching them perform put a lump in my throat. The enthusiasm of Laura Benanti for her winning an award for her role in Gypsy also put a lump in my throat. I just love live television!

photo: Jeff Christensen AP

Speaking of live television...Did anyone else see the stagehand run out and pick up Stew's microphone? You see...

At the beginning of the performance for Passing Strange, Stew was jumping up and down. He isn't light on his feet and the vibration made the microphone fall off of the stand. I wondered if Stew was going to pick it up but instead a stagehand ran out and put it back on the stand.

And I really liked the comic relief that Whoopi brought to the awards. I think she needs to be put on the rotation for hosting the show. They haven't had a real host since Hugh Jackman.


photo: Jeff Christensen AP

It was fun watching the show and emailing and texting Running My Mass Off. We had comments on everything!

OK...last night in the production number for Xanadu, Cheyenne Jackson was wearing Daisy Dukes and not knee length cut-offs. Running My Mass Off took notice of his legs. I thought I had nice legs until I saw him. Guess I'll start wearing Clam Diggers.


And just for laughs, they rolled out Liza. Poor thing. Seriously though, I'm glad she was able to walk out on her own.

photo: Jeff Christensen AP

For a list of all of the winners, click here.

Conversation
This is how my day started at 5:45 a.m.

Me: Hold on. I need to tighten up my shorts. They're falling.

Running buddy: How old are they? They look new.

Me: I bought them after Tropical Storm Allison. Jerry at RunSport had placed an order for a track team and part of the shipment got damaged so he had them on sale.

Running buddy: So the elastic is all stretched out.

Me: You could have said, 'You've lost some weight, guess that's why they're loose.'

Running buddy: LOL

Me: Thanx

3 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

what a whoopi get up !!

Anonymous said...

Girl: the truth is a bitch. And glitter dot is not flattering. Now we're even!

Viv said...

I missed the show. I looked up the results and have picked out what I want to see if it ever makes it here. It was you that lost weight not the shorts. Elastic does not strech right?!