Friday, June 27, 2008

Where The Hell Is Matt?


I ran across a video the other day on another blog (can't remember which one) and when I first started watching it I thought, "What the hell?" As the video played on, I sort of got a warm, fuzzy feeling (and no I wasn't peeing on myself).


There's something about watching people dancing for no reason that put a smile on my face. Considering the language barrier, I'm really wondering how he was able to convince to people to join in the dance.

It reminded me of that line from Baz Luhrmann's Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen:
Dance…even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

It also made me think about the art of travel. It is always fun to go somewhere new (or return to a favorite place) and meet people. It also made me think of Thomas Miller who traveled the U.S. and documented his travels. I met him in New Orleans during Mardi Gras a few years ago. (I didn't get featured in his book because I'm not a roadside attraction...yet. Freak show at the circus? Maybe.)

To find out more about Matt, click here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a hoot- I wish I had his travel budget! I particularly like the one from India where, in the midst of the insanity, he adds the little choreographed bollywood hand motion. Too clever!

Viv said...

LMAO I love that guy Matt. I have seen him on Jimmy before. His dancing skillz are too funny.

Margo said...

Never seen this or heard about it but it's a hoot!

A Girl From Texas said...

Wow, that's a great video. I really liked the choice of music he used to go with it.