Friday, June 20, 2008

Kaye Sedilla Update


Rumors have been circulating that internationally known performer Kaye Sedilla is going into seclusion. Kaye is currently in Mexico City doing her lounge act but she did return my phone call yesterday afternoon.

In speaking with Miss Sedilla, she did confirm that July 20, 2008 will be her final appearance. Kaye will be returning to Houston to perform one or two numbers at the Miss Mint Julep Contest. Miss Mint Julep is a benefit for Legacy Community Health Services. It was at this event in 2003 that Miss Sedilla stepped onto the stage and rocked the world. She feels that it is only appropriate that she return for this benefit to bid her adieus to her loyal fans. She had been in talks with Beyonce to perform a duet during the Latin Grammy Awards in November but Miss Sedilla has stopped the discussion.

Miss Sedilla told me that she feels she is being pushed off of the stage by Bette, Cher, Tina and Madonna. All of these divas are resurrecting themselves in 2008 and rather than get embroiled in a bitter cat fight for fans and top billing, being the lady that she is, Miss Sedilla told me that is graciously bowing out and leaving the stage. She wants to leave the stage with her head held high and her big red hair intact.

Check back for more updates from Kaye Sedilla.

9 comments:

David Dust said...

I think this is a ploy, set into motion by Kaye's management, to mount a huge comeback tour in a year or two ... a la Cher or Barbra.

Or maybe the goal is to get her the permanent gig at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas - now that Celine Dion is finished.

A Girl From Texas said...

Yeah, David. She's waiting for her audience to sort of beg her to return to the stage.

Oh, I do hope she graces us with more of her music. I do, really I do.

A Girl From Texas said...

FYI, if you Google Kaye Sedilla and then click on Images, all of her references come back to Str8upwithatwist. Me thinks, Timmy is her number one fan.

Anonymous said...

How do we get tickets? I have to say what a gracious and giving Diva Kaye Sedilla is...her last performance and for a charity at that. All Madonna does is adopt children from Africa.

Rick said...

Please tell me that's not you Timmy.

Viv said...

That pic looks like she is a hoot. I would want to see her as well.

Thanks so much for the comments on the blog Timmy. You have been making laught so hard then touch my heart. Don't get me all mushy.

"Tommy" said...

My My...!!!!

Romeo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Romeo said...

Hola, Poppers! My name is Halle Pino and I'm a friend of FitnessNerd's in Indy. I can already tell that I just aDORE Kaye Sedilla! Hmmm...a Halle Pino/Kaye Sedilla double billing would be a HOOT! Keep it spicy! *kiss kiss* Halle