Monday, June 23, 2008

Catching Up

I know I've been a bit quiet lately. I really was disappointed that I didn't get the job that I really wanted. I guess it was best to find out early in the week rather wait and wait and wait and then find out later in the week. Disappointment is never fun.

So here are some snippets of what has been going on.


  • A group of us met on Tuesday to start planning for World AIDS Day Houston 2008. We are still trying to figure out what it will consist of but there will be events on and around December 1.

  • I'm not getting much sleep again. I was up at 4:30 a.m. today. I'm averaging about 5 to 6 hours of sleep each night and I've gone back to not eating much. Good news is that I'm getting back into clothes from 2002. This is also partially due to the fact that since I can't sleep, I get up and go run or workout and/or both.

  • Friday night was a full evening. Montrose Counseling Center had an Open House and the dedication of rooms. People who supported the capital campaign and donated at designated levels have had rooms named after them. Kenny In Montrose (KIM) has a room named after him. We got a peek and I noticed a few things were missing. For instance, no bar, no vodka and no Elaine.

  • Later on Friday night Gray Squirrel Micheal (yes, that is spelled correctly) celebrated his 40th birthday with over 100 of his closest friends. It was a fun evening full of chatter, gossip, cocktails and laughter. Plus it was a pretty crowd. Today is actually Micheal's birthday so a shout out to Micheal and welcome to The 40s. You're in good company.

  • Saturday I didn't run because I was suffering from vodka remorse. Once I was finished being remorseful I made my way to St. Anne's for a class. On the 4th Sunday of the month I will be helping during the 5:00 p.m. Mass in the distribution of the Eucharist. I thought I had signed up to be a substitute but I am part of a permanent team. It was amazing what all came back to me from being an altar boy for so many years. My biggest fear is falling down the steps (which I did when I was an altar boy). Guess I'll be wearing rubber soled shoes on the 4th Sunday of each month. No leather soled Cole Haans for me!

  • Saturday afternoon was the perfect afternoon for being out by a pool so I took my quasi-happy ass to a Summer Solstice Party that was being thrown by Bill and David. This was not an S&M Pool Party...you know, Stand 'n Model...this was a get in the pool party so I did. Once again, good chatter gossip, cocktails and pretty people.

  • Saturday evening was a concert performed by Bayou City Performing Arts. It was a nice evening. I ended up going by myself which was OK because at one of their concerts I know I will always run into folks that I know...and I did.

  • Sunday I woke up early and decided that I needed to go run...so I did. Then as punishment for not running on Saturday, I went to they gym and did an extended workout on the Stairmaster. OMG! I obviously picked the wrong settings because I was beat and covered in sweat when it was all said and done...or was all that sweat from the alcohol consumed on Friday AND Saturday? I'm just asking.

  • Sunday afternoon Krewe of Olympus had a Rush Party. Ginger Grant hosted the Krewe at her adobe and fixed a wonderful brisket. I worked the bar (as a bartender) for a bit. It was a nice afternoon. While I was at the party, I found out that one of the costumes I will be wearing in February '09 will probably require me to lose about 50 pounds of fat and put on 25 pounds of muscle. GEEZ! LOL

During the weekend I found out that three couples I know have visited Splitsville. It really has me bothered. I guess it just goes to prove that what you see on the surface is just that...what you see on the surface.

At the same time, I found out that two couples I know are going to be wed in California. One couple will be married today and the other in September. I guess hope springs eternal.

A couple of other things are really bothering and I won't go into much detail. One is the guy who has not been formally charged with murdering his two children. Their burned bodies were found the other day.

The other thing that is bothering me is about a guy who literally ran his dog to death at Memorial Park and left it there. It happened a few weeks ago and I was finally able to put all of the pieces together.

Not to be judgemental but I think there is a special place in Hell for people who don't protect children and animals. And as always, I have a song. It was recorded by The Carpenters when I was a young kid and it is titled, Bless The Beasts & The Children.

So that's about it for now. Calvin is fine and is getting in some long walks. And I need to scoot.

4 comments:

"Tommy" said...

busy, busy, busy....

never a dull moment in the H Town.

Brettcajun said...

Sorry that you didn't get the job you were hoping for. Keep trying. It's a numbers game. Don't take it personally boo. BIG HUG. NIP TUG. And maybe a SLURP! ;)

J Duarte said...

Hang in there Tim, the right job will come along soon. Keep looking.

I think in a few months i will be able to run at your pace.
Finally right? haha

Viv said...

Bigger better things are meant for you. Except clothes, it is nice to fit in to smaller ones.

I know that murdered is just being kept with no charges. Everytime I hear Quanell X quote on the news, "I knew that brother was not innocent". Thanks for stating the obvious there buddy.