Saturday, April 12, 2008

Is it the end of the world?

I've mentioned this before and it is so funny I'll repeat it but then I need to get serious.

On the corner of W. Gray and Shepherd (here in Houston) there are two Starbucks. The first one is on the southeast corner of the intersection. When construction started on the free standing building on the northeast corner the plan was to shut down the small one in the strip center.

As it turns out, it never happened and both are still open. I know part of it has to do with traffic flow. Plus, the free standing Starbucks has a drive-thru. This is very important in Houston because everyone has a car and public transportation isn't what it could be.

I digress.

So one night on Comedy Central they actually show a photograph of the two Starbucks and the headline is: The End of the World.

Well that was several years ago and the world has not ended but I think we are on the brink of destruction. Here is some REALLY bad news on such a beautiful day in H-town.

I'm sitting here relaxing and trying rest up before I put on my tux and head downtown for the HRC Gala. I haven't been a good Dust Bunny so I decided to check David Dust's blog.

I get hit with the news that Nina Garcia has been given her walking papers from ELLE Magazine!!!!! WTF? It is the end of the world. First it is announced that Project Runway is moving to Lifetime and now we find out that Nina has been auf'd. I must ask once again, "WTF?"
To read more, go here.

After reading the news I thought to myself, "I bet Santino is just cackling." (Remember when he and Nina Garcia got into it during the lingerie challenge?)

Stay tuned because something tells me that the Project Runway drama isn't over!

5 comments:

David Dust said...

Timmy - first of all, you ARE a good Dust Bunny!

And secondly - stock up on bottled water and vodka - THE END OF THE WORLD IS INDEED NEAR!

I can't take much more Project Runway drama. First the move to The Rape Network (aka Lifetime), then this!! The thought of that show without "Meana Garzilla" and her imperious glances and comments justs make me dizzy. Quick, get me my smelling salts!!!!

David Dust said...

Also, I thought this was some kind of Republican plot against the gays, but you could be right - Santino could be behind this!

Viv said...

I wonder what all this is about. I wonder if they will keep on PR??
Hmmm.. I had coffee today at one of those Starbucks how funny you mentioned it.

Anonymous said...

David Dust is funny!

Margo said...

Nina was my fav judge - very disappointing!