Monday, April 14, 2008

Studs

There are a few things in life that cause high anxiety for me. Today let's discuss studs and cuff links.
The other night when I was getting ready to go to the Human Rights Campaign Gala I had trouble finding my tuxedo. How does that happen you might ask? Well, I was asking the same thing. For some odd reason I do not have my suits and tux in the same closet. In fact, they're divided into the four closets.

So I finally find the tux jacket but where are the pants? Do you know how many pairs of black pants are in my possession? A bunch. So I spend a few more minutes looking for the pants and finally locate them. I am now running behind schedule.

I knew which shirt and tie I was going to wear so I had already put those where I could see them.

I'm getting ready knowing that the hardest part was yet to come. Do you know how difficult it is to put on cuff links and studs when you have no one to help you? It makes me break into a sweat...seriously. I get nervous thinking about it. At least when I lived with AttyHou we could help each other with the studs and links. Calvin's paws are too big to be of any help. After several minutes of trying to the the studs and cuff links through the heavy starched tuxedo shirt, I was FINALLY all gussied up and out the door and arrived about 10 minutes later than I wanted which meant less time to partake of the open bar. Life is full of disappointments.

Here is a pic from Saturday evening.

That is Ross the Intern from The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Ross is funny and nice and yes his voice is as high pitched in real live as it is on television.. He was on Celebrity Fit Club and lost a bunch of weight and good for him for being able to keep the weight off!

Ross The Intern is quite the stud.

7 comments:

mjr1066 said...

I think the stud is the one in the glasses! ;)

My

Viv said...

Timmy, you looked so handsome, u stud u!

How awesome Ross. I *heart* Ross so much!!

JoeyfromSC said...

Ross is awesome!:)

Anonymous said...

Don't even get me started. I was in DC w/my crazy other half and he forgot his tuxedo shirt studs!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG He was so worked up(angry and threw a fit) that we skipped the dinner and got drunk (we might have been a little drunk already:)

If you ever need assistance, just call.

Rick said...

Both look sharp. Ross looks great after the weight loss but is that voice as annoying as it is on TV? He seems like a nice fella.

Timmy said...

cj: I think it would get annoying after awhile but OMG...he is hysterical in person! and just as sweet as can be. wasn't there a line from radio days(?) when diane wiest (sp) says, "shhhh. don't speak."

Anonymous said...

Ross the Intern!!!!! XOXO