Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thursday Night At Saks

Hello bois and gurls. I'm feeling a bit spent today. Thursday, Friday and Saturday have been a whirlwind of activity and it all caught up with me last night. I fell asleep on the couch around 930p after watching 54. I saw the movie when it was released several years ago and I *heart* If You Could Read My Mind being sung by Ultra Nate', Amber & Jocelyn Enriquez.

While watching the movie, I became very confused and had to call AttyHou and Everyday Italian to see if they could unconfuse me. You see...

I thought Penelope Cruz played Anita in the movie. In fact I was 100% sure it was Penelope Cruz but I couldn't remember the other actress who is Spanish or Mexican and it was driving me nuts. They told me it was Salma Hayek. OK...so I was no longer confused until the end of the movie when I was watching the credits only to find out that it WAS Salma Hayek who played Anita. OY!

Penelope Cruz

Salma Hayek

OK. So back to Thursday night...

HERA (Houston Equal Rights Alliance) recently merged with Equality Texas. To promote this new venture a launch party was held on the 3rd floor of Saks 5th Avenue in The Galleria. Music, food and alcohol in a store. That's better than a trifecta! Several Str8 Up With A Twist readers were seen in the crowd, including Kenny In Montrose and AttyFrank. Between the mingling, chatting and listening to speeches I did see a few shirts that I would look wonderful wearing but I don't need to be spending money at Saks, or Neimans or Nordstrom or...

One of the people that I met on Thursday night is Phillip Hudson. Phillip and Keith Collins are launching a new magazine in Houston, fave. I perused a copy of the publication and it is a very nice magazine.

If you're looking for something to do on May 8th, they're having a launch party for the magazine at Kuhl-Linscomb (2424 West Alabama from 700p-1000p). You will need to RSVP to houston@faveonline.com if you're planning on attending.

Some of the sponsors for the Equality Texas party will also be a part of the fave party (Mak Chin's, salud! winery and Stockholm Krystal Vodka).

It should be a fun evening so I hope that you will plan on attending.

I need to scoot and fold some laundry and then get to Mass later in the afternoon. I have a funny story to tell you about yesterday's garage sale. Details to follow.

1 comment:

Margo said...

I wish I would have been able to get on the computer this weekend - I would have loved the garage sale! Oh well. I *heart* Kuhl-Linscomb. If you get a chance, check out all the Austrialian Scents products - they are awesome!