Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Stop The Insanity!

It's been a few weeks since I've posted anything about Barack or Hillary. Afterall, it's been what, six weeks since the last primary? So I was kind of forgetting that there was a primary today in Pennsylvania.

I was reminded this morning when the telly was broadcasting live coverage from polling places in Pennsylvania. I don't know much about Pennsylvania other than the fact that I have spent some time in Philadelphia.

On one trip I had a WONDERFUL stay at the Four Seasons. It was purely by accident that I was booked into that hotel but hey, I didn't complain. Just like I didn't complain about the $5 bag of Peanut M&Ms from the mini-bar.

So anywho, Hillary won the primary tonight. All those bitter people in Pennsylvania who cling to religion and guns got out the vote and raised some Hill. (BTW...the bitter comment are Barack's words and not mine.) Once again, Barack showed that he can't close the deal. So they're marching on to Indiana! I bet Fitnessnerd is creaming in his pants right now.

photo credit: AP

Ya know, this was supposed to have been settled on Super Tuesday, then Texas, then Ohio and then Pennsylvania. It's going to go to the convention and I am just betting that somewhere out there, Susan Powter is screaming "STOP THE INSANITY!"

Speaking of stopping the insanity...did anyone else watch the reunion show of (Desperate) Real Housewives of New York City? LOL OMG! Talk about insanity! LOL

Bravo is infamous for running repeats of its hit shows so I'm gonna being looking for the repeat of the reunion show. As Running My Mass Off pointed out to me via text message, they were all ganging up on each other. There were some obvious contradictions that were discussed on the show. The most blatant was Alex and her husband Simon saying that they're not social climbers when they really are. LOL

And the Countess LuAnn (platter) writing a book about manners but yet she wanted the driver to refer to her as Mrs. _______ (I can't think of her last name) and she didn't shake his hand when she was introduced.

And then Ramona getting up and walking out when they were discussing the nude photos of Alex yet Ramona is the first to dress like a hoochie mama and go out clubbing without her husband.

It's getting late and The Calvinator is passed out in front of the telly. In a few minutes he will awaken, look at me and go to the bedroom. He cracks me up.

2 comments:

nickabouttown said...

Hey now...

I resemble that remark!

David Dust said...

Timmy -

I come from the "bitter" part of PA - the central part of the state in between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. And they TRULY love their guns and God. That is a big reason why I moved to NYC. I like Hillary (and voted for her in the NY primary), but she is doing more harm than good at this point. I actually donated money to the Obama campaign last night because I was so upset that this STILL hasn't been decided.

And although I did not see the reunion of the "REAL" Ho's of NYC, LuAnn's last name is de Lesseps, which supposedly is the French family that gave the Statue of Liberty to the U.S. And in her world, she truly would never, ever, shake a driver's hand - EVER. In fact, drivers don't even have names, they are ALWAYS referred to as "Driver".

On the other hand, do you know she actually has a cheesy website?!? It's called "The Countess Report":

http://www.luanndelesseps.com

So - on one hand she won't acknowledge a driver, however she WILL put up a website promoting herself - which a TRUE socialite would NEVER do.

Brooke Astor and Kitty Carlisle Hart are rolling in their graves right now...