Monday, January 28, 2008

The Weekend In Review (part 1)

A former fellow blogger once stated, "If someone is not blogging, there is usually a good reason." Just wanted to let you know that I haven't been ignoring you. I've just had a bunch of stuff going on in preparation for this past Saturday night's Krewe Ball. It was a ton of work getting ready for the ball but as always it was fun.

Friday
Things got rolling for me on Friday morning when Str8 Up With A Twist reader & fellow Krewe member Randy came by with Elias to pick up my costume. It wasn't here. It was in Daniel's garage. After driving the moving truck from downtown to Montrose to NoRO to Westchase and finally to Reliant Arena, I think Randy was probably ready for a Martini straight up with a twist.

The weather sucked. It was cold, cloudy and rainy.

Both costumes made the trip without being damaged. Once we got settled in our spots backstage it was time to return to NoRO, walk The Calvinator, load up The Cal Mobile and head back to Reliant Arena to fix up the costume.

I actually got it finished ahead of schedule (minus a few details that would have to be worked on). So I headed back to NoRO, worked on a few things, walked The Calvinator and headed back to Reliant Arena.

Do you see some repetitive behavior here?

We did our dress rehearsal and then waited around for our notes. As expected, I had a few more things that the Captain and his crew wanted me to do to my costume. It's always something. :-)

I got home a bit after 1100p and had more stuff to do. My sister and brother-in-law were coming into town on Saturday for the Ball and the house was a wreck. I was up until 300a and finally decided to take a nap.

more details to follow

No comments: