Monday, January 7, 2008

Ramblings of A Caffeinated Mind 8.1

Roger Clemens
OK. I will say that I sort of followed the guilt by association train of thought about Mr. Clemens. If his good friend Andy Andy Pettitte did the injections, then Roger must have done the same thing. And about Andy Pettitte, that was a lame ass excuse. I did it for the team.

Back to Roger...So. I watched the Mike Wallace 60 Minutes interview on Sunday evening. Mike didn't cut him any slack. I think I believe Roger. (Of course I also believed Marion Jones and Madeline Albright believed Bill Clinton.) You don't get that p!ssed off if you are guilty.

I watched his news conference this afternoon and his credibility factor went up with me. Did he really have to hire Rusty Hardin though? I always thought that if you hire Rusty, you MUST be guilty. :-)
I think Roger is a nice guy and I want to believe him. After hearing his phone conversation with his former trainer and hearing about some information that casts doubt on the trainer, I'm sort of thinking Roger is telling the truth. He is voluntarily going to testify before Congress next week. Stay tuned.



T-E-A-M (You're A Good Man Charlie Brown)
So the whole Roger Clemens thing has me singing a showtune. Go figure. There is a song in You're A Good Man Charlie Brown that has the following lyric:


Dear Pen pal...
You'll never guess what happened today
At the baseball game.
It's hard to believe, what happened today
At the baseball game...


Here is the whole song.


In other news...
  • As I compose this post, LSU is kicking Ohio State's butt in the BCS Championship Game. I will say that Ohio State scored in the first minute and a half and was even ahead by 10 points but then...
  • I did get out and run this morning. 3 miles
  • I did make it to the gym for a weight workout. It was getting full but then it is always that way on Monday and the weather is a bit odd this evening.

From time to time, London Preppy and The Guy Who will list music at the end of their blogs. So based on that inspiration, here are songs that played on the nano today (starting with the most recent):

  • Let The Sunshine In by Gerideau
  • Above The Clouds by Amber
  • Candy Man by Christina Aguilera
  • All or Nothing by Cher
  • Born To Be Alive (Full Vocal Remix) by Disco Kings
  • Born To Be Alive by Weather Girls
  • What It's Like by Everlast
  • Rappers Delight by The Sugarhill Gang
  • I Love You by Donna Summer
  • This Time I Know It's For Real by Donna Summer
  • Killer by George Michael
  • Papa Was A Rolling Stone by George Michael
  • Believe by Cher
  • Estoy AquĆ­ (Extended Club Mix) by Shakira
  • Sexual Revolution by Leah Howard

3 comments:

Viv said...

I was at some store in the mall yesterday, and they played Eurasure(sp?) and I thought of you. I am weird like that.
OK glad you brought the baseball thinkg up. I watched him yesterday and I want to believe him, but i have doubt. He was not always that thick. I remember trick or treating at his house in Katy back in the day, and he gave out signed balls. Damned be that garage sale I sold it in. I digress, he left Houst for more money when we needed him so, and that hurt me. So I am still on the fence about him, and Andy well he is just getting on my nerves Traitor. Love the comment if you hire Rusty you must be guilty..LOL! Sorry for the B&N but as you see this has been plaguing my mind. Like it really even matters in my life at the end..hehehe

Margo said...

I'm impressed - already went for a run and the gym?! I stayed up too late watching OSU get kicked and didn't make it up this morning for my a.m. workout so have to do it tonight.

Timmy said...

Viv: LOL about Erasure. I actually saw them in concert at The Woodlands Pavillion back in 1997. It was fun. I still have a bunch of their cds so it was apropos that you thought of me.

And I think the problem that I'm having with Clemens is rooted in the fact that your pointed out. He left us for more money when we needed him. So why shouldn't his "hometown" reporters take some jabs at him?

Margo: I actually slept in this morning and didn't go running. I need to take it easy this week anyway. :-)