Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hillary Clinton Wins New Hampshire


With 95% of the precint votes in, Hillary Clinton was declared the winner of the New Hampshire Democrat Primary. This was unexpected. Everyone (i.e. pundits, pollsters, her own camp) got it wrong. Her camp was going to be happy if they lost to Obama in the single digits.

What turned the tide? Right now they're doing the analytics on it. Could it have been the fact that she showed her softer side the other day? Could it be due to the fact that her husband, former President Bill Clinton, took on the media the other day and wondered why they were not asking Obama the tough questions? Or could it be that the people in New Hampshire decided that they weren't going to follow the lead of the residents of Iowa and that they would vote the way they wanted.

I have read several news reports and it seems that people under the age of 30 showed up to vote. This is a good example that your vote DOES count.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few primaries. Could John Edwards win in South Carolina?

I haven't checked in with Fitness Nerd today but I bet he is peeing in his pants because is a big Hillary supporter.

This is the kind of stuff that makes elections exciting. This is the kind of stuff that should get people to the polls.

3 comments:

Viv said...

Yep, I am pretty confused this election year.
I am laughing as I look at that pic. On the radio this AM they were discussing a drinking game when you drink everytime the politician says change!

Re: the computer is all the time, Timmy. I am about to pull out my hair!

Timmy said...

Viv: I LOVE the idea of that drinking game. It should be played during all of the evening newscasts and then when they're over switch to CNN and Headline News for the rest of the evening. Easy way to get sloshed.

nickabouttown said...

This reminds me of a video I saw on CNN. I'm going to go post it on my blog. Check it out!

And I did NOT pee my pants! :)