Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Weekend In Review (part 3)

Sunday
After the Ball ended on Saturday night, the After Party was at the Holiday Inn by Reliant Arena. I only had a couple of cocktails, visited and then departed for Jack-In-The-Box to get a Jumbo Jack with cheese (no tomato), large order of curly fries, Monster Taco and a Diet Coke.

It was 1230a when I got to bed and yes, I was up again around 615a. Walked The Calvinator, said good-bye to the sister and brother-in-law, went to Starbucks for my complimentary Grande Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte and headed back to Reliant Arena (repetitive behavior again).

We started dismantling costumes and saving what was salvageable. Doing this always makes me hum Melissa Manchester's Don't Cry Out Loud because there is a part of the verse that says,

Baby saw that when they pulled that big top down
They left behind her dreams among the litter
The different kind of love she thought she'd found
There was nothin' left but sawdust and some glitter


It also reminds me of the saying, "Everything that glitters isn't always gold. Sometimes it is just plain glass or fools gold."

We actually finished faster than normal. I think we're getting better and tear down.

The Krewe has an annual gathering the day after the Ball where we eat, drink, be Mary and watch raw footage of the ball. I call it the Sunday Afternoon Mutual Admiration Society-Krewe of Olympus/Texas Chapter Annual Meeting. We cheer for each other when the costumes are shown, make comments about what was REALLY happening and all in all have a good time.

I got home around 715p and was cocktailed and worn out. We went through 24 bottles of champagne and who knows how much vodka, beer, wine, etc. I know I drank 1 bottle of champagne by myself. ;-)

I don't have any pictures of what happens during the ball other than this one of AttyHou. It wasn't until he met me that he became a Bead Whore and I am so proud of him in this photo!

photo credit: Dick Evans

As with all things Mardi Gras, I'm suffering from PPS (Post-Party Syndrome). Part of this is due to running on adrenaline for a few days and when I stop it hits me hard. It has been a busy two weeks (Mystery & Fantasy Mardi Gras Party, Captain's Party, Krewe Ball, After Ball Brunch). I need a massage and I REALLY need to get back into my running and working out groove.

PS Remember when Don't Cry Out Loud was released and every beauty pageant contestant sang the song for their talent?

1 comment:

Viv said...

Busy Timmy, I tell u! OK you totally could have left out the Jack in The Box. You know I am starving over here :-)