Monday, September 22, 2008

Pictures post-Ike

Thought you might enjoy looking at some pics. I'll have a few more later but these are a few that I got ready just you!

So...when I purchased The Cal Mobile the intent was to get something that could be loaded up with some of my belongings and it wouldn't be low to the ground and I could evacuate before or after a hurricane. Well, I listened to the city and county officials and didn't evacuate. And even if I wanted to leave after the storm I couldn't because I had a FENCE ON THE CAL MOBILE!!!!

The power went out a bit after 9:00 p.m. on September 12. Here I am on Sunday, September 14 around 4:00 p.m. I was a prisoner of CenterPoint Energy. And yes, that is Cakebread Chardonnay in the glass. I was a prisoner with class and good taste.

On September 21, AttyHou, some neighbors and I decided we needed to finish cleaning up his yard and my yard. I thought it would take a couple of hours. Uh...it took a bit over 5 hours. I had not eaten lunch and I was delirious and started channeling Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn, Michael Kors AND Nina Garcia.

The challenge was to use the debris from Ike and make a couture dress. This is what I came up with.


I want to be on the cover of ELLE Magazine dammit!

My mom told me that she saw a story on the telly about how Houstonians were helping Houstonians post-Ike. Neighbors and strangers reaching out and helping each other. Calvin decided to do his part and join in the recovery and cleanup of Houston.

Calvin opened up a small Bed & Rawhide and invited over Baxter & Tanner who were without power.


They were all a bit pooped out from playing. Here they are relaxing.

And you know how I have a song for everything. While Ike was beating us up this song popped into my head. Yes, even while the house was shaking due to the sustained hurricane winds, rain not falling from the sky but hitting the house sideways, transformers popping outside and wondering if the insanity would ever stop, I thought of Ike and Tina Turner.


It's getting late. I'll have a few more pics for you soon.

7 comments:

SunWolf said...

Dahling! You and the couture dress rock!

David Dust said...

In my best Heidi Klum accent...

"Timmy...you are the WINNER of this challenge. Congratulations. You will have immunity for the next challenge..."

XOXOXOXO

Brettcajun said...

I am happy the dogs got along well together with the refugees. I have Dachshunds. They would be barking up a storm at new dogs. That's sweet of you to help out a fellow bud who didn't have electricity.

Margo said...

Love the pics and David's comment! Good call with the Cakebread!!

"Tommy" said...

i am glad that Calvin made it thru the winds and rain

Viv said...

Leave it up to you to bring couture to the runway a la leaves...

Great catching up with you and seeing all the ike updates. I so knew you would have our tina sprinkled through out. But the staredown I am still rolling over here!!! That topped geraldo in my opinion.

Sam said...

Thank God you realized the importance of drinking up the wine when the power goes out. It might rise above optimal temperature and we can't have that.