Monday, September 15, 2008

blogging Hurricane Ike (part XI)

Hey folks. I need to make this real quick. I'm borrowing a friend's computer at her house.

Storm is worse than we ever thought it be. The house shook for hours and the rain and wind wouldn't stop...this was only a cat. 2.

Power went out at 9:08 a.m. on Friday night and it hasn't been restored YET in my neighborhood.

We're banding together to make the best of it. Neighbors helping neighbors.

A fence landed on my car. Tree was down in the backyard. Trees blocking the street were removed by about 15 of us on Sunday.

Digging into the wine reserves. 2 bottles of Cakebread gone (1 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday). 2 bottle of Silver Oak that I shared with neighbors who cooked my steaks and let have been sharing their generator with me.

Calvin is fine.

I've been sleeping on the floor by the front door because that is the only way to get ventilation into the house at night.

I'm losing my mind.

Work has power (air conditioning) but no internet.

We're keeping an eye out for each other.

Send positive thoughts our way. There are people in Galveston who are worse off than me. I need to count my blessing but it is hard to keep in perspective.

Take care everyone.

7 comments:

David Dust said...

I am SO GLAD you and Calvin are ok. Hang in there!

I'm sending positive energy your way.

XOXOXOXOXO

Brettcajun said...

Timmy:

You can get through this. I will pray that your power will return very soon. I know this feeling quite well. Good luck boo. Let us know when things get better.

Brett

mjr1066 said...

Hang in there Timmy--been worried about you. Let me know if I can help in any way and I'll do what I can.

M

Dan said...

Hang tough. Sounds like you are surrounded by some great neighbors.

Dan

nickabouttown said...

thoughts are with you, babe. Indiana got wolloped with the remnants, so I can only imagine. Be safe!

A Girl From Texas said...

Hi Timmy. I hope you get your power back soon!

Robert Cox said...

Timmy!
I was wondering where the hell you'd got to so came to have a look and goddam! What the hell is going on!?
Hope you're alright and not getting blown about too much.
What shall I send Vodka or Chardonnay?
And did you ever find Anderson Cooper?