Thursday, September 11, 2008

blogging Hurricane Ike (IV) (aka we are disaster worthy of Anderson Cooper)


Calvin and I returned to NoRO this evening. A group of us met at AttyHou's house to help him put away things that could become projectile and fly over the fence and land on me and Calvin.

I called Joe & Helen in Ft. Worth and told them that I am staying. I gave them my reasons why and reminded them of what happened during the evacuation of Hurricane Rita. You see...

As of 900p CDT, the contraflow lanes out of Houston have not been opened. News reports are saying that traffic is very heavy on I-10 west (going to San Antonio) and I-45 north (going toward Dallas). Been there. Done that. Not doing it again.

Also, in 2005 when The Calvinator and I left Houston, Rita was approaching Category 5 status. It later dropped to a three or so but to see a cat. 5 coming at you is quite disturbing...and then it turned.

I went to JAX for my last supper and did take-away. One of the local gas stations is already closed. Some restaurants were closed. To look at SOMA and Max's Wine Dive you'd never know we're waiting for a hurricane.

I've been checking my water supply. Trying to catch up on stuff and sorta wondering what's going to happen.

While I was watching last night's episode of Project Runway the phone rang and it was alnhouston. I answered, "Did you see Anderson Cooper?" because I knew that alnhouston was out running around town today and thought he had seen him. What I didn't know is that Anderson Cooper was on the telly broadcasting live from Houston! I am watching him right now and cannot figure out where he is in the city.

Calvin is ready for his Anderson Cooper close-up.

2 comments:

mjr1066 said...

Stay safe Timmy...looks like this badass is headed more toward you than me....in the words of my brother: run Forrest, run....

Margo said...

I would love to see Jim Cantore, but after the storm!