Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Jukebox Wednesday

I actually had another song selected for today's Jukebox Wednesday. However, since this is Pride month I thought I would select one of the anthems. There are several recordings of this song that I like. Gloria Gaynor does a "get off your feet and dance to beat" version of the song. The Original Cast recording from La Cage Aux Folles is good too. However, my favorite recording that I couldn't find on YouTube is by Linda Eder. That lady belts it out like it was meant to be sung.

I chose this song today because the other day at Miss Ginger's Roundup, someone decided to perform and wanted this song. I was outside and someone came running up to me asking if I had this on a cd in my car? Believe it or not, the answer was, "No." And then I looked at Kevin in wonderment as to why I don't have it in my car on a cd? I have several versions on the iPod.

So for your listening (and viewing pleasure), here is John Barrowman singing, I Am What I Am. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sam said...

I adore John Barrowman!