Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jukebox Wednesday

Whoa! I just realized I haven't posted anything here since Sunday when Kathy Griffin and Bette Midler got me laughing. I've been running, spinning, working out (all in the name of trying to lose the winter weight).

I'm still a pit p!ssed off at NTB; let a grudge go, I know. You see...

A couple of months ago I needed a battery so I went National Tire Battery (NTB). I took three hours to replace a battery because they didn't have one for the The Cal Mobile! Uh...isn't battery part of your name? THEN for a third of the cost, I probably could have replaced it myself.

So while I was there the guy tells me that I need two new tires. He said my car would never pass inspection.

So I needed to get The Cal Mobile inspected and in these Tough Economic Times I really wasn't looking forward to spending several hundred dollars on tires. Now, I'm not a mechanic and I don't play one on tv but I do know something about tires.

So yesterday I was looking at the tires and I couldn't remember which two he said needed replacing because they all looked the same to me.

So I decided that before I went and spent several hundred dollars on two tires I was gonna see if the car would pass inspection. And guess what? It did! And they said my tires were fine!

So my advice to you: Don't patronize NTB!

Now about Jukebox Wednesday...

I figured y'all were due a showtune and today's selection is an abbreviated version of Rose's Turn from Gypsy. Bernadette Peters performed this at the Tony Awards one year.

When she was on Broadway, USA Today did a review of her performance and also interviewed her husband. She got rave reviews. Her husband said that it was eerie to watch her transform herself each night on stage; it was a person he didn't know.

So for your viewing pleasure, here is Bernadette Peters!

2 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

She's too young and too talented for that lame role! It's benign!
She should have been EVITA!

Anonymous said...

It is weird how she looks like Bette Davis in the video-she is very talented. MBC