Monday, December 1, 2008

World AIDS Day


Today is World AIDS Day. Last year I had several posts about people I have known who have died of AIDS.

World AIDS Day was started in 1988. Here it is 2008 and there isn't a cure. There is a whole generation of people who have died. There is a whole generation of people who don't know what it's like to have a friend die from AIDS.

The World AIDS Day Houston committee has gathered information about events happening not only today but throughout the week. Our goal was to educate people and to create awareness. Please take a moment to visit the website. Hopefully you will be able to attend an event. At a minimum, take a remember to those who have died.

2 comments:

Brettcajun said...

I have known a couple people that died of Aids, but no one I was really close to (yet). May one day there be a cure for Aids!

"Tommy" said...

I remember each day the friends that have passed.

From Gary Bruce, Timmy, Alan, Buddy, Dean, and the list could go on and on.

I hold each of them very dear. I speak of them as often as I can, remembering the times of the past.

For one most hold the memories of those that have gone before us...so they will live for a long long time.