Monday, December 22, 2008

What A Nice Surprise


The other day I received a letter from T-Mobile thanking me for being in the top 5% of longtime customers. Some may say that I am a T Mobile customer because of the T. Actually, I was first an Aerial customer and somewhere along the way they got purchased by someone who was then purchased by T-Mobile.

So anywho...I read the letter and it said that I needed to register by 12/24/08 to get a Free Companion Flight. What I have to do is buy a ticket and then I get a companion ticket. I wonder how many friends will kiss up to me between now and February 2010. I put this task on my To Do List for 12/23/08.

So... tonight I get the mail and there is another letter from T Mobile and it says something about thank you on the envelope and I figure it is a reminder to register so I don't open it.

So... I decide to go to T Mobile's website and register for the airline ticket but I can't find the link that I need. So... I open the letter I received today and it has something stuck to it. I'm a bit perplexed because it looks like a credit card or something.

So... I look at it a bit closer and it is a pre-loaded $50 debit card! And once again they are thanking me for being in the top 5% of longtime customers. So... I think there has got to be a catch and I am trying to read the fine print but I can't find anything that says this is too good to be true.

So... I call the toll-free number to see if there really is $50 loaded onto the card and sure enough there is!!!! What's funny is that just this morning I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice to just get an extra fifty bucks to spend on Christmas presents or on myself?" Heck. If I had known something like this was going to happen I would have wished for an extra $1000 delivered by Hugh Jackman.

So... if anyone from T-Mobile is reading this, "THANK YOU!" It really was a nice surprise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no to be a skeptic, but...if you spend the $50, you aren't promising your left nut? sprint keeps sending me $70 off of my bill, if i sign a new 2 yr. contract.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

But can you get a signal in the Galleria? And does the dork from the network follow you everywhere? And are you allowed to share lemonade? And does your mom dig your minutes out of the trash?
Just wondering????

"Tommy" said...

Have a Wonderful Christmas in H Town

tommy