Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Let It Snow

It was very cold today and it was very wet. I could feel the temperature dropping and around 5:00p.m. I was outside taking care of a task at work and it started to sleet; nothing major I tell ya.

Then as I was leaving around 6:00p.m. there were actually big snow flakes. The snow continued to fall until around 9:00p.m. or so. The Calvinator was loving being out in the chilly weather. I on the other looked like Nanook Of The North. You see...

I think I'm coming down with a cold.

Tonight I heard someone say, "I moved to Houston to get away from the snow. The only crystals I want to see are salt crystals around the rim of my Margarita glass."

So here are some photos of the shotgun houses at Project Row Houses. I tried to do some artsy photos from inside The Cal Mobile. Also, when I was out with The Calvinator I took some photos of some big snow flake decorations.

I have lived in Houston for 16 years and have only seen it snow a few times. However, I have never seen it snow before the Winter Solstice.



5 comments:

mjr1066 said...

Your shots of the houses are great...at least my eyes think so.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I even made a tiny little snowman on the hood of the car, but he melted overnight!

Brettcajun said...

It snowed beautifully in Baton Rouge today! I did a youtube video showing all the snow! Everyone is excited in S. Louisiana to see this as it usually only snows in the Shreveport, LA area.

Anonymous said...

global warming?

David Dust said...

When I was a kid, we would visit my Grandparents sometimes for Christmas - they live in West Texas (San Angelo). One year it snowed (not even an inch) and everyone FREAKED OUT! They even closed the Mall - and everyone drove about 3 MPH on the highway!! My family (from Pennsylvania) thought it was the most hysterical thing in the world.

Enjoy!

XOXOXOXOXOXO