Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 18.0

Weather
What's up with the weather in Houston? Yesterday morning I went running with runnerOne. It was bordering on the point of running shirtless. Who knew that it could border on balmy on the ninth day of December?

However, by evening time the temperature had made a considerable drop and it became jacket weather...and it continued to drop.

The Calvinator was L-O-V-I-N-G it! Cold weather. High winds. He had a bit of lilt to his walk.

Gas Prices
I was so excited I almost did a cartwheel on the corner of Leeland and Dowling. You see...

I paid $1.45 a gallon for gas! I remember back in June when gas was at the $4.00 mark. I'm not sure if the price any more so I'm gonna enjoy it while I can.

Have You Ever Wondered...
how a car wreck happens? You see...

Yesterday morning I was driving down Memorial Drive heading toward downtown. Traffic normally goes about 50 m.p.h. which is why I love Memorial Drive! It's sort of like a mini-crosstown expressway. Anywho...

So traffic comes to a standstill and in the middle lane are two cars that obviously had hit. There is debris in the right lane (the lane I'm in) so I'm sorta having to swerve to avoid the debris).

I travel a few more yards and there is a car that has its trunk smashed into the back seat. The force of the impact must have REALLY catapulted that car. OY!

Art For Sale
Back in the late '90s I purchased a piece of art from a gallery in New Orleans. I've never had it matted and framed and I'd actually forgotten about it. I'm thinking of selling it but I don't know if I should do it on ebay, Craigslist, or try to find an art dealer? Any advice?

I did a bit of research and other serigraphs of this piece are retailing for about to three times what I paid for it. Just don't know what to do.

Wanna Go For A Run?
So yesterday morning when I was running, I decided I need to run another marathon. runnerOne suggested that I try to get into NYC Marathon.

So I'm thinking I'll put my name in the lottery and if I don't get selected (again), I can do San Antonio which would 1 or 2 weeks later. Anybody want to join me? Just askin'.

Christmas Carol
I *heart* this song and I can't wait for Darlene Love to make her annual appearance on Letterman (she didn't do it last year because of the strike). I like U2's version of the song but I LOVE her rendition. Enjoy!

No comments: