Friday, December 5, 2008

'tis the season



So today I went to Subway on Memorial Drive before I went home to walk The Calvinator. The only reason I was at Subway was because a co-worker of mine wanted me get her a sandwich.

So while I'm waiting to place the order Holly Jolly Christmas is playing over the sound system. However, there is some other noise. At the cash register is a female customer who is arguing with the cashier/sandwich maker. I'm not sure what she was upset about but the employee wasn't buying into the customer is always right theory. She was arguing with the customer. All of this is happening while Burl Ives is singing in the background. To add to this, the other two employees are listening and are not doing any work!

So the lady pays, gets her soft drink cup and Burl Ives continues to sing, "Have a holly jolly Christmas. It's the best time of the year..."

The customer comes back from around the corner and starts up again with the employee who starts up with her again. OY!

The customer finally leaves and Burl Ives finishes singing and I finally get my order.

I walk outside and I can hear the lady b!tching but I can't see her. She is in her car a few cars over from me and is telling some potential customers about what went wrong. If she was going to get any sympathy from me, she just lost it.

On my way back to the office, I thought how odd it was that Holly Jolly Christmas was playing while all of that was going on at Subway.

'tis the season!

1 comment:

A Girl From Texas said...

Sounds like something surreal.