Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

I've been a bit under the weather since the middle of the month. I thought I was on the upswing and this past Monday (Dec. 22) I could feel the relapse starting and it was beginning with a sore throat. By Tuesday night (Dec. 23) I knew this cold was going to kick my ass again and sure enough by Wednesday (Dec. 24) the cold was back.

The 272 mile drive from Houston to Ft. Worth seemed like 600 miles. All I wanted to do was take a nap. By the time I arrived in Ft. Worth I was worn out. The family was just thrilled that I walked in all snotty nose.

Anywho...one the things that I missed out on was Darlene Love sining Christmas on David Letterman on Tuesday's show. Darlene, if you're reading this, I REALLY tried to stay awake but the illness knocked me out.

So...for those of you who also missed it, here is the YouTube clip for your viewing pleasure. Darlene's rendition of the song is so good because is giving it her all which then inspires the backup singers and the orchestra. I hope that one day I can see her perform the song live! Enjoy.

2 comments:

David Dust said...

I had never seen her perform this song (I don't know how I've missed it!). Fantastic! Thanks for posting this.

XOXOXOXO

Timmy said...

She does this every year (except for last year because of the writers' strike) and she just keeps getting better. I wish I was a black woman who could sing like that! You check out her other appearances on YouTube.