Monday, December 15, 2008

Do The Right Thing?

On Saturday I went to Kroger (not the Disco Kroger on Montrose) to make groceries. I needed to buy some chicken soup, cold medicine, tissues and anything else I thought I might need to get me through this period of illness (doesn't that sound dramatic?).

What I discovered is that the soup was on sale, 3/$5.00. It was quite the bargain. So I loaded up on soup and by the time I added that to the hand basket, I had well over 20 items...oh, the tortilla chips were also on sale so I had to load up on those and they wouldn't fit in the basket. Anywho...

Knowing that I have more than 15 items, I get into a full-service line because the Express Lane and the Scan-It-Yourself Lane have signs that state, 15 Items Or Less.

So I'm standing there with a full basket and bags of tortilla chips in the other hand. A manager of the store walks over to me and tells me to follow her. She is taking me to one of the Express Lanes. I tell her that I have more than 15 items and she says, "If it is all in the basket, you are fine." (...but it wasn't all in the basket.) So I follow her to an Express Lane that has a line but the Scan-It-Yourself Lane has a few open kiosks so I high-tail it over to one of those and proceed to scan my 22 items.

I did keep an eye on the whereabouts of the manager because if another customer decided to go all Whitney Houston On Crack on me for having more than 15 items, I was going to blame it on the manager.

1 comment:

Viv said...

LMAO! Oh Timmy only you have such a way with words. I am all picturing you at Kroger with the basket and the tortilla chips on the other hand. Hope you get to feeling better soon.