Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome 2015!

There are many ways to welcome in a new year. Sydney lights up the Sydney Harbor Bridge with fireworks. Paris, London, Shanghai and New York City all light up icons within their respective cities. And then there is Key West and Bourbon St. Pub.

Sushi appears at Bourbon St. Pub and does the shoe drop. It is unique and is something I would like to attend one day.
AP Photo/The Key West Citizen, Rob O'Neal) MIAMI HERALD OUT
Whether you dropped a shoe, a clam or a crystal bar, I hope you had a safe evening. I stayed in with The Calvinator and was quite content to be here with him.

Everybody wonders what will happen in the new year; it's difficult to predict. We do know that there will be highs and lows and hopefully we will all weather the storms and enjoy the bright moments.

When 2014 started I had no idea that I would meet Betty Buckley and Bette Midler. I also didn't know that at the end of the year, I would be vacating the residence I had occupied for almost 9 years. As I said, highs and lows. And, most of these were documented right here on the blog. I once read a quote that stated, "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." There were many times, especially in the last quarter of 2014, that I had to remind myself of this quote.

So, speaking of the blog...how did I do?

My goal for 2014 was to take at least one photo a day. It didn't necessarily have to reflect the day but it needed to document the day. I was inspired by something that I read several years ago about Carly Simon. She would take one Polaroid photo a day.

Looking back, it appears that I missed about 6+ days of not taking a photo and most of those days occurred in the last quarter. Yes, I did fudge a few times and use screen shots or create a jpeg to reflect the day. Considering that I last tried this in 2010 and only made it through the month of March, I think I did really well! So...

Let's give it another try in 2015. Thank you to everyone who reads this blog.

Wishing all you the best in the new year!

No comments: