Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Final Pic(s) Of The Day for 2014 - 12.31.14 - New Year's Eve

In the Roman Catholic Church, January 1 is a holy day of obligation. It is the Solemnity of Mary.

And it seems that in 2014, I spent quite a bit of time praying for various reasons and people so I really did feel obligated to attend the vigil Mass at St. Anne. I approached the church from a different direction and decided to park in front of the church instead of the back parking lot.

The lights were just coming on and it the bell tower was glowing.


On Sunday, I didn't take a photo of the church decorated for Christmas. It really doesn't need much ornamentation.

And how did I spend the remainder of the evening? At home with The Calvinator. I didn't have any chilled champagne so I opened a bottle of pinot grigio, had some chicken enchilada hash and watched Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on CNN ring in the new year.

No comments: