Friday, January 2, 2015

Pic Of The Day - 01.01.15 - And We're Off!

So...if you read yesterday's post, you will recall that my inspiration for this Pic Of The Day project was inspired by Carly Simon. For 2014, I was about 98% successful in documenting the year. And, I'm going to it another shot.

So...this is the first Pic Of The Day for 2015.



This is a pot of jambalaya. It's a tradition that I started a few years ago on the first day of the year; make a pot of jambalaya. I tried making posole but I've never been able to nail the consistency of the broth and the spices like my dad and paternal grandmother could make. I've nailed the jambalaya so in the spirit of stick with what you know, I'm sticking with the jambalaya.

I didn't spend all day in the apartment. I did get out and go to Starbucks, Walmart, HEB and to an afternoon party. I still have plenty of unpacking to do and a bunch of laundry, so guess what I'll be doing this weekend!

No comments: