Monday, February 3, 2014

(not so) Str8 Up With A Twist

I was back at the Hilton Americas on Saturday for the Creating Change 26 conference on Saturday.  I spend additional time hobnobbing schmoozing networkingwith people from all over.  I was also to present with some of my co-workers about Legacy's history and the impact of fundraising.  The title of the presentation was The Little Agency That Could...and Did!

More portion was subtitled Parallel Lines and had one timeline of the growth of the agency with another timeline of the impact of HIV/AIDS in the U.S.  I thought we were wonderful.

So...after it was over, I proceeded to the bar.  I was going to order a Rose Kennedy but right before the waitress left I noticed this on the table:

I've never been a big fan of fruity drinks that try to pass as a Martini just because it is served in a Martini glass.  I've been known to drink a Cosmo from time to time.  Lemon Drops don't really do it for me.  So I was bit skeptical about this but when in Rome when at Creating Change why not?

Well...the damn thing was so good I had two!  I'm glad I went out of my comfort zone.

No comments: