Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 17.2

666
Yesterday's post about Ivana Trump post #666. I'm just sayin'.

Ike update
A month ago many of us were dealing with the aftermath of being bitch slapped by Ike. And like Tina Turner all we asked for was our electricity our name a new normal.

AttyHou and Everyday Italian have put up a new fence so I no longer have a room with a view a view of the swimming pool next door; just like old times. I don't see my neighbors very much anymore. For those few days, we were comrades in arms. ¡Viva la revoluciĆ³n! Misery loves company.

There is still debris in the streets. There are still people missing from Galveston Island and Bolivar Peninsula.

Instead of saying, "Hey! How are you?" the new greeting is, "How long were you without power?"

Instead of talking about plans for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas people are talking about what size generator they're going to buy in anticipation of Hurricane Season 2009.

I guess this is the new normal.

What's In A Name
John Culberson is running for re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives. This morning on the telly I heard one of his commercials. What got my attention is he referred to Hurricane Ike as the storm of the century. Uh...

Ike was a strong Category 2. This is only 2008. Katrina was in 2005. How can Ike be the storm of the century? Just askin'.

Have you ever...?
seen someone who looks like their dog?

Today on my way to LeFittes I was cutting through Midtown and I saw a guy from the gym walking his dog.

This guy is about 5'6" and is built like a brick house. He was walking some breed of bulldog. Definitely a pair.

I have been told that if I had blonde hair I would look like Calvin.

Once upon a time there was a tavern restaurant
My longtime friend Kanadian Ken from Kalgary is in town this week. I have not Kanadian Ken in a few years and it is always a pleasure to spend time with him. He is one of those friends that when we see each other we can pick up where we left off no matter how long it has been.

So last night Kanadian Ken from Kalgary gathered the usual suspects for dinner at Cafe A Do Me Adobe on Westheimer. I was at the office until 545P (CDT) and had three things to do before I could arrive at A Do Me Adobe.

I was a bit surprised when I arrived a few minutes late and was able to find parking and easily found my tablemates for the evening. It wasn't crowded at all.

This used to be the place to be seen on a Monday night in Houston. Dead as a door nail I tell ya!

We pondered why this was the situation and none of us could come up with a good answer. The economy? Post-Ike depression? People have a new place to be seen on a Monday and I didn't get the memo? Who knows?

So that is about it bois and gurls. Catch up with you soon!

2 comments:

A Girl From Texas said...

I am pulling way back on spending. I have completely paid off my personal credit cards and am about to spend some real money on advertising for my company. Pulling back, unfortunately, means less trips to Dharma Cafe for wine and appetizers. If I dont feel like preparing my own food, I eat a whopper Jr. for $1. I'm telling you, I'm becoming a REAL McFrugal!

"Tommy" said...

Seems like ya'll are slowly making in back to normal.

I hope it continues..

H Season is about to end, just one lil rain patch in the outer A Ocean.

Have a great weekend