Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 17.0

Reprimand
Last night at Krewe of Olympus's Fais Do Do I was publicly reprimanded for being a bad blogger. You see...

I have several readers who live and breath by Str8 Up With A Twist. It seems that I have let them down. I explained to one that because of my new job I don't have as much time on my hands and I don't think it would be appropriate to spend a bunch of time at work blogging. So I guess I could quit my job and blog full-time?

Just thinking about the conversation made me think of a song. This next clip is dedicated to Kenny In Montrose (KIM).


Big As A House Car
I can't stop eating! Ever since Ike bitch slapped Houston I have been on an eating binge and I have reduced the amount of time that I spend on my fitness routine. Now...part of this has to do with the fact that that's the night that lights went out in Georgia Memorial Park and it was a bit difficult to run in the dark.

Also, the work schedule and other commitments are interfering with my workouts at LeFittes. These are not excuses but just facts.

However, I could cut back on my eating but well Houston is known for it's good food and some of my friends are good cooks and who am I to say no to a good meal? Just sayin'.

Today I was with AttyHou in The Cal Mobile and there was a lady at a service bent over putting air in her tires. Her car was a Mini Cooper and lets just say her ass was so wide you couldn't see the side of the car. Guess that is the reminder I need to cut back on my eating.

Fais Do Do
Last night Krewe of Olympus had our Fais Do Do (fundraising party). Pretty much it's a reason to get together, eat homemade Cajun food and drink adult beverages. It was a bunch of fun.

I schlepped drinks for a couple of shifts and chatted with our guests when I wasn't schlepping drinks. There were many new faces and I hope that everyone had a good time.

Needless to say, I was a bit tired this morning but I did make it to LeFittes for a workout. And in anticipation of eating quite a bit on Saturday evening, I did a quick jaunt around Memorial Park on Saturday morning.

And In Case You Missed Sarah Palin on SNL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea, are you back? my patience was waning while you were getting your groove together w/new job, etc. You are back, right?
also, be careful of Frenchy's fried chicken, you will be juicy & plump just like their chicken if you aren't careful:)
hugs.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh you sweetie. (and there I was thinking that you were drunk off your butt & not going to remember that I chastized you for not blogging for a week.) well - now we have electricity, gasoline, Kroger ....& tim is blogging. All is well in my world.
Ken C

"Tommy" said...

your not the only one that is eating eating eating.

its the post hurricane blues...

what can i say...hurricane season is almost over..

we will lose wgt after November.

Viv said...

We do miss you in the blog world but a paying job is a little important huh? LOL! Oh, Timmy I so hear you on the weight gain I have no idea what Ike unleased in my dayum stomach. I eat then I eat some more. That stops after this weekend hello gotta get the last drinking send off in. HAHAHA