Wednesday, October 22, 2008

When it rains it pours

OMG! I made it home and had to change my underwear because I think I pooped in them when I was driving through high water. You see...

This morning I heard that there was going to be some rain today. OK. No big deal. I rode out a hurricane a few weeks ago.

Well...during a meeting this evening I could see that it was getting a bit clouding. There was rumblings of thunder and THEN it started to rain. And rain. And rain. And rain.

The meeting was over and I had a committee meeting. It rained. And rained. And rained. And rained. The lights went out. I immediately started to sweat and told the group that I needed a bottle of Cakebread or Silver Oak and I needed to start eating. I had immediately slipped into post-Ike mode. Does this mean I have Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome? Just askin'.

The streets were flooding but I was in The Cal Mobile. However, even The Cal Mobile was having difficulty. I noticed that people were standing in flood waters and trying to clear the gutters. I'm thinkin' that some Ike debris is still in the streets and that plus the amount of rain was causing the streets to flood.

Cars were stalled. Water was above the curbs. Buses were causing tidal waves and these buses had water coming into them.

I sat in a parking lot for a bit and received advice from AttyHou about some streets that could be possible evacuation routes out of Montrose. I'll be honest with you, I was scared. In a matter of seconds I had already resigned myself to spending the night in The Cal Mobile in a parking lot in Montrose.

I made it back to NoRO but I was so traumatized I had to stop at McDonalds for a Quarter Pounder with cheese and fries.

The rain started around 645p CDT. It is now 930p CDT and it is STILL raining. At least this time the is falling vertically and not horizontally like it did when Ike came to town.

2 comments:

RookieRuggerLSU said...

Well, if you didn't poop them from the water that meal would sure do it!

David Dust said...

I can TOTALLY identify with the stress-induced Quarter Pounder with Cheese...

XOXOXOXO