Monday, July 21, 2008

Panic At The Disco

As expected, Kaye Sedilla brought down the house with her first number during Mr. & Miss Mint Julep Contest. She stepped onto the stage and acted all coy and demure and then ripped open her cape to reveal an über mini dress while she performed Leah Howard's dance version of Macy Gray's Sexual Revolution. In true Project Runway-Shear Genius style, she went to the TRESemmé ® hair salon and came back as a blonde and wearing a red, fringe dress. She closed the show with a remix of Gloria Gaynor's Never Can Say Goodbye.

When it was all said and done and after the trash had been picked up I told Kaye Sedilla that it was time to go. She needed to catch a flight out of Houston and go to Palm Springs. You see...

Kaye is going to spend some time at the Betty Ford Center. Kaye Sedilla has issues to deal with and it is time to get some help. We were leaving the Cha Cha Palace and then it happened.

We were walking down San Jacinto to the car so that she could get to the airport to catch United Airways flight 2834/219/2792 out of IAH when it happened. Kaye had been overserved on adult beverages and she fell down and hit her head! Yes! Her head!

I reached over to pick her and kept asking, "Kaye Sedilla. Are you OK? Kaye Sedilla. Are you OK?"

She looked at me and said, "Who is Kaye Sedilla? My name is Sopa Pilla, honey."

All the way to IAH I kept testing her memory and finally gave up. After I got her through security and informed United Airways that she would need some help, I called the Betty Ford Center and told them that in addition to needing help with her issues, she was going to need help remembering who she is and where she came from. Just like a soap opera I tell ya!

If you would like to send a message of hope to Kaye Sedilla, please leave a comment. She will be reading Str8 Up With Twist while she is in rehab.

And check back later this week for photos from the event.

On behalf of Kaye Sedilla and the Board and staff at Legacy, I would like to thank everyone who supported this event through tips and table purchases. It all goes to a good cause. Thanx everybody!

6 comments:

David Dust said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Sopa ... er, KAYE during her time of need.

Kaye really needs her own Telenovela. And I am STILL laughing at "Sopa Pilla".

XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I knew that gurl was too drunk to walk out of that club on her own! She almost took herself out when that boa got wrapped around her feet onstage, and when I tried to help her get it unwrapped she almost took me out with that suitcase she was flinging around! She needs more than a message of hope, baby! She needs a whole boatload! And I think I know Sopa's Cousin, Inita Pilla! She's Eyetalian, I think!

Viv said...

Here is sending be strong wishes to Sopa. You have to admit that was a good one.

Anonymous said...

que pasa, kaye-sopa? i'm sick over the fact that i missed her performance. she is in my thoughts in this, her time of great need. loveyoumeanit. -- lonestarsteve

A Girl From Texas said...

Kaye, I wish you a very speedy recovery. Houston is going to miss you terribly.

SunWolf said...

I'm sure she'll come back from rehab better than ever!