Sunday, July 27, 2008

About Last Night

Remember that movie? It starred Rob Lowe and Demi Moore. It was released in 1986. It's one of my favorites from the mid-80s.

What you may not know is that it was based on the play, Sexual Perversity in Chicago. It was renamed because they were afraid movie houses wouldn't put that title on the marquee.

Well, this post isn't about sexual perversity but it is about last night. OY! LOL

It all started innocently enough. I met up with The Fabulous Miss Jolie Shay at Cyclone Anaya's. We were going to have a drink. Well...

We were joined by AttyHou and Wilma Dog Rebecca. It congealed around 3:45p.m. or so. A few drinks. Trips down memory lane. Lots of laughter. Discussions about our parents.
Well, as I am so prone to doing, I made a new friend at the bar who proceeded to buy me cocktails. The other three had left the premises and I actually got a phone call around 7p asking if I was going to Quadra (the birthday party).

In the meantime, I ran into AlnHouston and Heights Ben. (They asked about Kaye Sedilla/Sopa Pilla...more on that tomorrow.)

Well next thing I know, my new friend is a bit over served. I so wanted to go home and shower, walk Calvin and get to Quadra but I was also concerned about my new friend (whose last name I don't know).

UGH! He wouldn't give me the keys to his car. He wouldn't let me drive him home. So I followed him home to make sure that nothing happened to him OR anyone else.

Now here comes the odd/funny part...

He pulls into the garage, gets out of the car, goes to the door and can't find his keys. WTF? LOL

I start going through his pockets, searching the garage floor, etc. The car is unlocked so I get in the driver's seat and the keys are not in the ignition. I'm very perplexed and he is falling asleep on the hood of the car. For whatever reason, they keys are on the floorboard of the passenger side.

I get him in the house and the last time I saw him he was passed out underneath the dining room table. (Been there. Done that in Calgary. I swear it was the altitude that did me in in Calgary.)

I ran home, walked Calvin who was going nuts, showered and made my way to Quadra at Status just in time to say goodbye to everybody! Oops.

Well, here I am all freshly showered with no place to go and someone told me that AttyHou and Everyday Italian were going to Meteor. So I figured if I found a parking spot I would pop in. I did and I did.

It was actually a good crowd and I saw some folks that I hadn't seen in awhile. They were all waiting for the underwear fashion show. Who knows what time it was going to start so I left and went to Jack-In-The-Box for my Monster Taco, Jumbo Jack with cheese (no tomato) and a large Diet Coke. I wolfed that meal down like there was no tomorrow and unfortunately my stomach is telling me today that it did NOT appreciate that late meal. Oops.

So to everyone that I didn't see last night...sorry about that. I did have a good conversation with Kaye Sedilla/Sopa Pilla's long lost brother. His name is Toma(s) Tillo. Yes, that is how he spells it. Will give you the details of that conversation later.

Stay cool everybody!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a good friend (new or old) to have taken care of your new friend. those margs at cyclone anaya's are sneaky:)

good to see you last night and one last thing....JITB has the best thing ever for a late night nibble, its the fried mac & cheese. Yummo

A Girl From Texas said...

You did a really nice thing for your new friend.

Rick said...

Timmy you're a sweet heart to do that. And his clothes were still on?
You are so busy. Poor Calvin must feel neglected. But he probably prefers the great indoors these miserably hot days.

Viv said...

Another great night in La Vida De Timmy!

I loved that movie, I used to sneak watch it at home. demi boobs are so not that a cup they were then. LOL! Great line from that movie is when Rob lowe tells her I see you have been looking at me all night, and she says you were standing under the clock.