Thursday, July 24, 2008

Coincidence

Yesterday I ran into someone that I had not seen in awhile. When he saw me he had an odd look on his face and he said, "I was JUST thinking about you and was wondering how you were doing."

I said, "I guess that might fall into the category of Be Careful What You Wish For Because You Might Just Get It!"

Then this morning something even more odd occurred.

I was sitting at the office reading the paper. I had JUST finished reading an article and someone who is quasi-high profile was quoted several times in the article. JUST as I set down the paper he walked in. Honestly. Within 2 seconds.

Now here's the rest of the story.

This is the person who bailed out of a job interview with me (the position reported to him and one other person) and someone else got the job and I know that if he had participated in the interview he would have been thoroughly impressed but it didn't happen.

I sat there with the paper open to the article and sure enough he walked past me, paused and went and found a copy of the paper on another table. Then he sits down next to me and starts to read it.

This is all happening in a matter of minutes and I debated about turning to him and saying, "Hello ______. We've never met but we had the opportunity a month ago when I showed up for a job interview and you left the office before I got there. We also had the opportunity to work together but I guess that isn't going to happen. Would you please remove the lid off of your tall Pike so that I can spit in your coffee?"

I chose not to talk to him. I figured he was probably going to have a bad day anyway and get slammed with some angry emails when he got to the office based upon the contents of the article in the newspaper.

And yes, I should build a bridge and get over it.

5 comments:

Margo said...

Totally understand where you're coming from! And yeah, the person is probably having a bad day today.

SunWolf said...

I hope, I hope...

A Girl From Texas said...

You're allowed to have a 'tude for a while....just for a while, though.

Any word from Kaye? She doing ok, managed to make it to her destination in one piece. I think you said she was pretty plastered when she left the event.

Rick said...

Bridges are for suicidal maniacs. I like the spit in his coffee part. Hey. I used to work fast food:what can I say? ;)

I like that when you're thinking of someone and low and behold. It makes one feel all powerful.

Viv said...

Sometimes I like to burn a bridge here and there. But don't listen to me u know I am just a SAHM.