Sunday, April 26, 2015

A 2" x 4" To The Head

Sometimes you need a 2" x 4" to hit you on the side of the head to remind you how good you really have it. I go through periods of my life sucks but in reality it really doesn't. I do have this fear that something will happen to The Calvinator and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with it. I won't be the first or the last to lose a furry companion. Plus, there are health issues with my mom. She has great set of people in Fort Worth who look after her and help her.

This morning, the woe is me came to a stop when I watched this story about two women who were orphans in South Vietnam and were airlifted to the U.S. It was on CBS Sunday Morning. It documents their trips back to Vietnam and trying to find their mothers. I'll give you a heads up...both stories have very different endings.

However, before I tuned in to CBS Sunday Morning, I was on Facebook and found out that I guy I know lost his wife on Friday. She gave birth to a daughter and then died. Details were not forthcoming. I cannot EVEN imagine what he is going through and what her family is going through. It sounds like a joyous and tragic moment at the same time.

My heart goes out to O.J.

So, I'll put my life in perspective and be thankful for what I have. I really do have a good life.

No comments: