Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pic(s) Of The Day - 04.22.15 - Howdy Blue Dog! Welcome To Houston!

Every now and then I have one of those days or evenings that will never be replicated. It's a combination of certain elements that create my perfect storm. Don't ask me what those elements are because they're never same. And please note, my perfect storms are usually positive experiences. This past Wednesday night was a perfect storm; a positive one.

Wednesday evening was a VIP Reception/ticketed event for Rodrigue: Houston. It was great to see so many people supporting this exhibit. It was the perfect evening made up of supporters of the arts, champagne and wine, delicious lite bites from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and stunning repartee. Looking back, it was Part II of the evening in September when it was announced that the exhibit would be coming to Houston.

And speaking of September, some of the usual suspects returned: Jacques Rodriguez; Susan Sarofim; Mike Connelly; Don Sanders; Chree Boydstun; and me!

Don Sanders has the largest collection of Rodrigue's work. He has been generous enough to loan some the pieces for the exhibit. And speaking of September, I forgot that we were told we would be listed as a sponsor, so you can see my name on the wall until July 5, 2015. It's a first for me and I'm very appreciative.

The exhibit officially opens today and runs through July 5. It is located in West Ave. (2800 Kirby, Houston, TX 77098 - Kirby @ Westheimer). The exhibit is on the 2nd floor BUT look downstairs and you can see some larger pieces which includes two cows and a fish. Cost of admission is complimentary but I'm sure the foundation will gladly accept donations. And, there are books and art for sale.

#RodrigueHouston



No comments: