Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pic(s) Of The Day - 04.21.15 - Woof!

On Tuesday, I had the opportunity and pleasure of having a private tour of Rodrigue: Houston. The tour was led by Jacques Rodrigue, son of George Rodrigue. There were a handful of us who given insight and background stories of George's paintings.

In case you don't know, I am a big fan of George's Blue Dog. However, I never really understood some of his earlier paintings but I walked away on Tuesday with a great appreciation of his early work. It's the personal stories from Jacques that made the difference.

Houston is very fortunate to have this exhibit. Don Sanders is the largest collector of Rodrigue's work and he has loaned pieces from his private collection for this exhibit. Thank you Don Sanders!
And speaking of his private collection, there is one piece that so not Blue Dog but is Blue Dog and I love and I want it. It is inspired by Chihuly and when you visit Rodrigue: Houston, you will find it in the far diagonal corner of the entrance.

Take Me Back To Texas

No comments: