Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

So now I have you humming that classic Christmas carol that was recorded by Andy Williams.

Well, that's not the season I'm talking about.  My time of the year is Mardi Gras Season.  My love affair with Mardi Gras began in the late 80's when I was in my late 20's.  I was invited to go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras.  I had never been to New Orleans and I had never been to Mardi Gras anywhere so I killed two birds with one stone.  And in fact, I guess you can say it became a ménage à trois.  It's a love affair between me, New Orleans and Mardi Gras.

It's not all about the debauchery and over indulgence.  It is about the beads, revelry and having a good time with family and friends.

So why did I post this today?  Well...

Yesterday, January 6, was not only The Feast of the Three Kings/Epiphany, it also signaled the beginning of Mardi Gras Season.  And Whole Foods Market was ready with the King Cake!
Laissez les bon temps rouler!

No comments: