Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 011213.1

It's a bit after 10:00P and I'm wide awake because I took a nap around 5:00P.  You see...

I worked today and had to get really early.  When I awakened from my nap, I realized that the Miss America Pageant was on the telly.  It's been awhile since I watched the pageant.  At one point, it seems that it was on it's last breath.  The organization started making changes and it went to a cable network and it changed from a weekend in September to a weekend in January and well, I just couldn't keep up.

So...I watched it tonight and actually enjoyed watching it.  There are some new twists to the show and it was rather enjoyable.  It was also the first time that I watched the show and followed the comments on Facebook and the tweets on Twitter.

Congratulations to the new Miss America, Mallory Hagan from New York!  You can read more about her here.

Today has also been a bit of an odd day.  You see...

The Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon runs tomorrow.  I'm not running and I'm heading up a hoopla station either.  In fact, the route goes past The Calvinator's Crib but it's supposed to rain tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'm going to get out in the elements and cheer.  Normally on this day, I'd be very anxious or spend the day getting ready for the hoopla station.  It's been sort of nice to have to worry about it. Good luck to everyone running tomorrow.  It's gonna be a wet one.


And in case you didn't see this...

New York Times listed Houston as  #7 on 46 Places To Go In 2013.  It states things that we Houstonians have always known.  So we're rolling out the red carpet, stocking up the Welcome Wagon and preparing the crib for all of our visitors!  Y'all come!



No comments: