Thursday, January 31, 2013

You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to Facebook

So here's the funny thing, I found this article about Facebook addiction on Facebook.  I don't see Alcoholics Anonymous handing out flyers at the liquor stores.  Just sayin'.

And...if you're going to give the signs of addiction, shouldn't you put the cure into steps?  All good rehab programs make it simple for the addict to seek help.  Just sayin'.

I do admit that I have a quasi-addiction to Facebook.  I wake up and check to see what has happened overnight.  Sometimes I fall asleep at night while on Facebook.  And if I'm bored standing in line at Starbucks, I'm usually checking to see what is happening.

You must also know that part of my job is to be on Facebook for work.  I'm also on Twitter for work and for personal use.  However, my latest addiction is Instagram!  I could be the next Ansel Adams.

So yes, maybe I am a bit too connected but for all of the quirks of being too connected, I will say it really has helped me keep in touch with friends and family.  And get this...I still pick up the phone and call people AND I still go out and meet with people.  It's called Striking A Balance.



No comments: