Sunday, January 27, 2013

Smash

Last year, NBC premiered a new show Smash. And in my opinion it was a smash! AND...it's returning on February 5, 2013 for a second season.

The show is about a group of people trying to bring a show to Broadway.  My high school friend Eugene Gwozdz who lives in New York and is a part of the Broadway scene has stated on Facebook that this really is a behind the scenes dramatization of what happens.

The show is Bombshell and is a musical of Marilyn Monroe's life.  There are some great songs and an actual soundtrack to the show will be available on February 12, 2013.  So yes, let's get this straight...

1.) This is a television show
2.) about bringing a show to Broadway
3.) about Marilyn Monroe
4.) but it's not really a musical on Broadway
5.) but it has songs written for the faux Broadway show
6.) and a soundtrack for the show that isn't on Broadway is going to be released

Got all that?

My favorite, favorite, favorite song is the final song of the show, Don't Forget MeKatharine McPhee knocks it out of the ballpark!

So...what even got me to thinking about this song?  Well...I was looking for something to watch on the telly tonight and looked at the On Demand selections and there was Smash. So I watched the final episode and then I got to thinking about everyone who has recently died and it made me think of this song and it brought tears to my eyes.


No comments: