Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Voices In My Head

I used to do posts titled Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind. It was usually on topics that didn't fit anywhere else or if I had a random thought I'd post it. Not sure if I want to resurrect that title or come up with a new one. So...here are some things that are on my mind:

1. Happy 12th Day of Christmas! Today is The Feast Of The Epiphany which is also known as The Feast Of The Three Kings. Today signals the end of the Christmas Season and the beginning of Mardi Gras Season! For Christmas, I received a Mardi Gras wreath from sister-in-law. So...to signal the beginning of Mardi Gras Season, I hung the wreath.

2. I have never watched Downton Abbey. I've never watched Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. Both shows have their season premieres tonight but so does Food Network's Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-off . AND it's the return of the The Good Wife on CBS. Decisions. So...I decided to catch a rerun of Honey Boo Boo and that show is too funny! Her Uncle Poodle is gay. Turns out she uses the word poodle for gays. Her best quote from tonight's rerun: “Ain’t nothing wrong with bein’ a little gay. Everybody’s a little gay”.

3. I'm not sure this has happened before but did you know that Adele topped the U.S. charts two years in a row for her album 21. Congrats to Adele! There are some great songs on the cd but I think my favorite is Set Fire To The Rain. If I was a painter, I would try to paint a picture of someone setting fire to the rain.
I have other things on my mind but I thing I'll end it here...for now.

No comments: