Friday, January 18, 2013

Thanx for the advice! I really mean it.

Sometimes when people say, "Thanx for the advice!" it is meant in a sarcastic way. And yes, I've been known to say it that way. However, this time I mean it. Yesterday, we received the news that Dear Abby has died. Her real name was Pauline Phillips and she along with her twin sister Ann Landers (real name Eppie Lederer) dished out advice in newspaper columns. I know at one time there was a rift between them but I'm not really sure what caused it other than having competing advice columns.

Even though she stopped writing the column, the name has lived on. Her daughter took over the column several years ago. I remember reading her column and her books. The things I remember most is that the advice was just plain common sense and she was great with the one-liners.

NBC Nightly News did a great story on her yesterday.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
And if you want to read the 10 best quotes, click here.

Thanx for the advice!

No comments: