Sunday, March 22, 2009

Losing My Mind

On Friday, I was having a hellacious day at work and had to hand-deliver a proposal and then get to FEDEX to make sure collateral material for another proposal got shipped out.

To get this done I gambled and jumped on a freeway...in Houston...on a beautiful Friday afternoon. I can hear the murmurs right now, "What were YOU thinkin'?" I was hoping to get the errands completed so that I could eat lunch at 4:00p.m..

So while I'm stuck in traffic, I'm listening to cds and not really paying attention because I'm thinking how much I hate Fridays. It seems that all hell breaks loose at work on Friday and today was no different. And I'm thinking I'm losing my mind and guess what? Losing My Mind starts to play! Is this God's way of saying, "You're losing your mind." And if so, I thought God would strike me with a bolt of lightning to get my attention. Who knew He would send me a message through a cd player and the message would be delivered by Liza Minnelli and The Pet Shop Boys? I must ask once again, "Who knew?"

4 comments:

Bob said...

Liza has a way of just 'knowing.'

Except for that whole David Gest fiasco.

Anonymous said...

Great video-I like their music-did you notice that the guy w/hat did not even pay attention to her when she hung on him. MBC

Anonymous said...

how did you get God to speak to you through PSB?

"Tommy" said...

you sure are thinking a lot with the pet shop boys lately.... hmmmm..... nostalgia!!!!

Days of Old ?????