Thursday, March 5, 2009

Have You Ever...

...had a dream and you realize that you're having a dream and so you stop the dream? Well, that's what happened in the wee hours of Thursday morning. You see...

I had a dream last night that Calvin and I were in Haltom City visiting Joe & Helen. We were at the church that I went to when I lived in up the Fort Worth/Dallas area. I was doing some outside work at the church and Calvin was out running around and he got out of the gate and took off running down the street.

I started chasing him and then I said, "This is a dream. Why am I going to waste my energy chasing him?"

So, I stopped the dream. Woke up. Sat up in bed. Looked around the bedroom to make sure Calvin was there. Went to pee. Went back to sleep. Odd isn't it?

3 comments:

David Dust said...

When I was a kid, I used to sometimes have bad nightmares. So I taught myself how to stop the dream and wake myself up. All of a sudden, something horrible would happen to me in my dream - and I'd say "This is only a dream - wake up". And I would calmly wake up for a minute or two to clear my head - and then fall back asleep.

I LOVE the fact you recognized that the activity in your dream was a "time-waster" and decided it wasn't worth the effort. That is FIERCE! You must be a excellent multi-tasker!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Sometimes I dream that I'm somewhere strange and I can't find the bathroom and I really need to pee. But then I wake up and run to the bathroom because I REALLY need to pee!

Rick said...

Wow! Talk about mind over matter.
Sometimes I dream I'm in the bathroom having a pee but I'm still in bed and I can't make it stop. :(